Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Bobbins

As you can see form the right hand side of the page, I've added a new thingy listing what I'm listening to this week. Mostly today, it's been The Doors "Strange Days". It's a very good album, worth buying for "Love me Two Times", "Strange Days", and "People are Strange" alone.

But there's one fly in the ointment. One misjudgement. One turd floating in the clear blue waters.

Horse Latitudes.

Anyone who knows this album will know what I mean. If you DON'T know the album, I urge you to go out and listen to it, simply because I want to share my pain with people.

It's AWFUL.

It's at the very beginning of Jim Morrison's pretentious "I Am A Poet" phase - I think the praise for the compelling (if slightly juvenile) lyrics of "The End" had gone to his head.

"When the still sea conspires an armour
And her sullen and aborted currents breed tiny monsters
True sailing is dead
Awkward instant
And the first animal is jettisoned
Legs furiously pumping their stiff green gallop
And heads bob up
Poise
Delicate
Pause
Consent
In mute nostril agony
Carefully refined
And sealed over."

Total and utter arse. And that's just the lyrics. His delivery of them rivals The Shat at his very best / worst (delet as applicable).

Just felt the need to share that with you...

P.S. Girish's blog is down and there's no word from the kiddies. I truly believe Rich has led them all to their Doom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home